Dakota Realty has a variety of rentals in the Vermillion area.
Our Property Management Team offers new construction, apartments, duplexes, houses, and many other units. Just remember the prices will reflect the size and amenities of the place. Every rental unit could have required responsibilities. Here we have made a general checklist for you!
General rental checklist:
- Pick roommates wisely!
- Your group may determine what your requirements are and what you can afford
- Find your budget!
- Calculate in utilities, and anything specific to your group (internet, cable, etc.)
- Pick a place
- Check the requirements on pets, weather it is just one pet or a visiting pet or multiple pets
- Check to see if you are responsible for lawn care, snow removal, or garbage services
- Sign a lease
- Be sure to carefully read the entire lease.
- This is a legal binding document. If you don’t understand or have questions please ask us, an attorney or legal council
- Remember landlord’s name! This is the name you will write your checks to every month
- Paying security deposit and firsts months’ rent before move in
- Most property managers will not hold a unit without deposit
- Have deposit ready before you look, if possible.
- Rent is usually due upon movie-in
- Remember, Carpets are cleaned after the last renter. They will be cleaned again once you move out. This will be paid from YOUR security deposit for the next renter.
- Generally, move out day is may 31st. Allow 24hrs for carpet cleaning, and generally move in day is June 1st
- Make sure to clean everything really well (especially stove, refrigerator and bathroom). This way you won’t have these charges coming from your deposit
- Change utilities and gas into your name, notify post office of your new address
- Rent is due on the 1st of every month, check your lease regarding late charges
- Rent can be mailed, put in drop box, located in the back side of Dakota Realty, or stop in and drop it off
- Checks will never be made out to Dakota Realty. Always make them payable to the name one the lease.
- Never leave cash in drop box!