Last Updated: 7/1/2022
Who We Are
Dakota Realty & Property Management(“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.dakotarealty.com website (the “Service”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- IP Address
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Uploaded Pictures that you did
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookie Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Comment Cookies. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Account Cookies. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Account Login Cookies. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Contact Form Cookies. When you fill out a contact form and send to us, cookies are set to retain the data in the forms until the form is sent, at which time the cookie is set to deliver a message. Once you leave that page, the cookies are cleared.
Use of Data
Dakota Realty & Property Management uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Send you information about your account.
- Respond to your requests.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have.
- Send you marketing messages or messages about new listings on the site, if you choose to receive them
Who on our Team has Access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators, Brokers, Agents and Managers can access: Customer information like your name, email address, and phone #.
Our team members have access to this information to help support you and provide their services.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Dakota Realty & Property Management may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Dakota Realty & Property Management and any of their affiliates.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We collect information about visitors who fill out and send a Contact Us or Agent Form or Property Form. We use a service called Akismet anti-spam service. The information collected may include the submitters IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the submitter such as their name, username, email address, and the message itself).
Other External Services
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
MLS Property Listings
This web site may reference real estate listing(s) held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site.
The accuracy of all property information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals.
Dakota Realty & Property Management is a member of the Northwest Iowa Regional Board of REALTORS. Property listings may reflect other brokerages within our MLS.
Links to other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
What Rights Do You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have filled out a Contact Form and submitted it, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- By email: email@example.com
- By Mail: Dakota Realty, 125 E. Cherry St., Vermillion, SD 57069